Thursday 4 July 2013

UK Woman Sells Almost Everything to Pay for Dog’s Surgery

UK Woman Sells Almost Everything to Pay for Dog’s Surgery

Vicky Hughes, a U.K. woman, has sold most of her belongings on eBay to pay for her dog’s surgery after she learned her pet insurance wouldn’t cover her dog.
The 33-year-old woman had to pay more than $6,000 for several hours of emergency surgery for her dog, Emma, the Daily Mail reported.
“I broke down in tears on the phone when they told me Emma was not covered. It was as if they didn’t give a stuff about what had just happened,” she told the tabloid.
At the time, Hughes could not entirely pay for the six-year-old dog’s surgery after her insurer said the dog’s treatment could not be covered. She had to use the last several hundred dollars in her bank account to cover the bill.

And afterward, she was forced to sell off her dresses, refrigerator, and other items on auction site eBay.
She also started a charity website that netted her around $1,500 to help pay it off.

“My bank account was empty,” she elaborated. “I’ve had to sell everything I absolutely don’t need. I simply assumed my insurance would cover all accidents. I had no idea that treatment would be excluded.”

1 comment:

  1. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my website so i
    came to “return the favor”.I'm attempting to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

    Feel free to surf to my webpage; lekarz weterynarii Jeziorany

    ReplyDelete

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. THIS IS KAF COMMUNITY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...