Saturday 27 July 2013

Blessing Okagbare breaks African Women’s 100m record

Blessing Okagbare breaks African Women’s 100m record

Nigerian sprinter Blessing Okagbare today smashed the African 100m Women’s record.
 She came from the back and stormed through to win in 10.86 seconds, setting a new African record at the London Olympic Anniversary Games.
Okagbare has been in tremendous form lately as she also leapt 7m recently to become only the second Nigerian lady after Chioma Ajunwa to do same.
Expectedly, Okagbare tops the list of 19 athletes to represent Nigeria at next month’s World Athletics Championships in Moscow where Nigeria hopes to end her 13 years of medal drought.

“I just wanted to put up a good race and I’m so excited. For me, I just want to do my best and I’ve been working hard and have tried to stay on top of my recovery. I’m hoping when it comes to Moscow that I’ll be ready,” Blessing said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. THIS IS KAF COMMUNITY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...