Friday 26 July 2013

Nigeria Born Rapper Wale Gives University Student $25,000 Scholarship

Nigeria Born Rapper Wale Gives University Student $25,000 Scholarship

Olubowale Victor Akintimehin, popularly known as Wale has literally transformed the life of a Hampton University student, Lauren Pryor.
The part two Psychology student won the rapper’s scholarship through a local hip-hop radio station, 103 JAMZ, which posted the contest on June 18th.
According to Hampton University News, the female student was on the brink of not returning to the university due to financial hardship; however all that is news now.
Here is what  Lauren said after winning the scholarship:

“I was on my way to a friend’s home in Hampton when I heard the radio challenge that the 25th caller would win the prize. The station said to call between 4 and 5 p.m. I called four or five times, the line was always busy,” said Pryor. “On about the 14th call I told myself to give it a rest. I was taking the phone from my face and had my thumb on the end button when I heard a man say ‘hello.’ I didn’t believe it. He told me there were millions of calls and he only picked up the phone 14 times nationwide.”


Pryor received her scholarship after being flown to New York to attend Wale’s “The Gifted” album release party at the Best Buy Theater.

Nigeria Born Rapper Wale Gives University Student $25,000 Scholarship

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. THIS IS KAF COMMUNITY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...