Thursday 25 July 2013

“Desmond Elliot Sponsored me to come to Nigeria for a Movie Production” – Botswana Actress

“Desmond Elliot Sponsored me to come to Nigeria for a Movie Production” – Botswana Actress

Obakeng B. Manowe, fondly called Yoko-Ono might not be a popular name in the make believe industry but she has earned herself a name as the first Botswana actress to land an acting role in Africa’s largest movie industry, Nollywood.
Yoko-Ono was asked in a recent interview how she managed to penetrate the highly competitive movie industry.
The Dramatic Arts student said it started in March this year when she was in Johannesburg, and then she met Nollywood’s actor, producer and director, Desmond Elliot.
“I could recognize Elliot’s face from the movies I always watched. I guess I was at the right place at the right time and I immediately asked if I could meet him and surprisingly I was given that opportunity. As soon as I made my way through I knew I had to use that chance to sell myself. Surprisingly, he seemed impressed and said I had a face for TV and we kept in touch ever since. He sponsored me to come to Nigeria for a movie production and that is how I landed the role,” she said.

Kiyoandfilo gathered that the actress plays the part of an international employer called ‘Betty’ in a new movie titled ‘Finding Mercy’; the film stars Desmond Elliot, Rita Dominic, Chioma Akpotha, Dabota Lawson and Uti Nwachukwu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. THIS IS KAF COMMUNITY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...