Friday 1 November 2013

I’m blessed to have the kind of husband I have – Lami Philips

I’m blessed to have the kind of husband I have – Lami Philips

It is not often you come across a chic and beautiful woman who is all over town telling everyone who cares to listen how much she loves her husband. At least that's what Lami Philips is trying to do with 'Baby', a track she said she dedicates to her husband. She recently completed the video in London and back at home WG ran into the suave beauty at an event where she talked about her career, her kind of music and more.
Excerpts:

You look so beautiful even without any make-up
Thanks. Fact is that I just got back from rehearsals for a new video I'm shooting and I got all sweaty but had to quickly wipe my face with a towel inside the car


So what's new?
We just released a new single called 'Baby Mi' and we are shooting another one and that's why I've been all out.

What is it about 'Baby Mi'?
Well, it was a song I wrote while I was in the studio. I was actually thinking about my husband and that's how the inspiration came. So I just told my producer and we got few things down and that's how we did the song.

What did your husband say when you told him the song was all about him?
Of course he blushed. He liked it. I'm just blessed to have the kind of husband I have. He's been very supportive. He's the voice in the background who has been urging me to go for whatever I want.

So your next single involves some kind of dance?
Yeah. The title is called 'Romantic Boy'. It's a kind of dance-hall song, something more fun and playful.

So it's for the 'Romantic Boy' that you want to infuse some dance steps?
Yes. I just want to do something fun and playful this time around. That's why you see that I've been going for dance rehearsals because we are shooting soon.

Does it mean you are rebranding because your previous albums don't contain such?
I won't want to call it re-branding because it's who I've always been. I've always been the playful and fun type so it's like putting who I am into the song. If you look at my last album 'Intuition', you'll notice that it's strictly soul. But this new album from where we released 'Baby' and now 'Romantic Boy', it'll still be my usual kind of songs but more fun will be added to it.

Would you say you are infusing dancehall to gain more acceptance out there?
Well, I’m already accepted because I have my own fan base. Those who love my music love my music and I’d rather be one among many than join the rat race out there today. So Lami has been the fun type all along so I’m just trying to be more playful and fun in my music rather than be gloomy.

You look a bit chubby now.

Yes. But I’m working out now. The reason is because I had to take a break to rest because I just needed to. So during the break, all I did was rest, stay indoors, travel and eat because I love food a lot.

More at Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. THIS IS KAF COMMUNITY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...