Friday 15 November 2013

I’ll buy whatever a girl has to sell – Kach


Soft-spoken Uche Kach, a.k.a Kach is a lady’s man any day, any time. From his brand of music, to his looks- he seems to have the world in the palm of his hand.
Born in Nigeria, Kach decide to pursue a degree outside the country before settling down for music. And guess what? Within the short time he arrived the country, Kach immediately got the attention of Signature Records who saw a unique trait of a star born to succeed and thus set to unleashed him on the music world. Meet Kach and here’s his story.

How was life back in England?
It was okay. It was basically school but even while in school, I was always in the studio and going for shows.

You decided to finish school before doing music?
Yes. Education for me is also very important. You live your life for yourself so you have to decide what’s more important at a time.

So how was music in England?
I grew up here and later went to England for my degree. Right from secondary school, I used to do music with my friends. We were just playing around then. I didn’t know I would be taking it seriously. We actually did recordings too at that time. So when I went for my degree, I decided to continue in school but still didn’t know I would want to do it real big. By the time I got back from England, it got really serious and I had released so much music in England that I just decided to hit the studio. Getting to Nigeria, I got signed by a label and since then, I’ve been working so hard.

For how long have you been around now?
I’ve been around for like six months.

So which label signed you?
It’s called Signature Records.

How did you manage to get signed within the space of six months?
Like I said, when I was still in England, I did some recording which were posted online. So they already listened to my songs and liked them even without meeting me. So when I got back into the country, they heard I was around and that’s how we signed the contract.

How many songs have you recorded?
I’ve recorded a lot of songs already but the promotion company will be releasing just two from now till December. The first one is ‘Red Light’; the other is ‘Kach Tension’. Both will be out before the end of the year alongside their videos.

Tell me more about those singles.
‘Red Light’ is a love based song about what we all go through in our relationships with people and our love lives. It’s basically a love song. While ‘Kach Tension’ is a party song.

If asked to describe your kind of song, what will you say?
I sing hip-hop

I’m sure by the time you came into the country; you’d have noticed Nigerian music is now very competitive. How do you intend to cope?
Yeah. That’s why I came back to Nigeria because I noticed our artistes are now being internationally celebrated. I’m all prepared for the market because I’ve been out there and I know what kind of song is being appreciated. I believe I’m up to the task.

So do you have a girlfriend?
No I don’t. I want to face my music for now.

Maybe you dumped her in England?
No I didn’t. I just want to be focused on my music for now. Girls will always come as time goes.

But you are a fine guy. How do you cope with all the female attention that comes with your job?
I’ve always been coping. Yes, girls are every artiste’s biggest fans and we can’t put them aside but I’m still focused.

So what attracts you to a girl?
I like brilliant and smart girls.

No physical attraction?
No. I don’t want to restrict myself. I could fall in love with any girl who has the qualities I want- she could be tall, short, fair or dark skinned.

So you don’t have any catching point?
I’ll buy whatever a girl has to sell. She has to know her selling point. As long as she has all the quality I want in a woman then, I’ll go for her.

Since you got back, which artiste have you come to like?
I like M.I, Tuface, Sound Sultan and loads of them. There are many great artistes in Nigeria and I’ll like to work with some, especially Sound Sultan in the nearest future.

What kind of upbringing did you have that shaped your life?
I grew up in a family that provided for our needs. My father was comfortable and I have a brother and a sister. We had everything we wanted and they support me in everything I do.

What did your parents say when you told them you wanted to do music?
Of course, no parents would be happy to see that their children wanted to put aside what he read in school for music but as time went on, they understood. As a matter of fact, they didn’t know I was into music until I almost graduated. But my mum has always supported me in whatever I do. Along the line, my father had to understand because I’m my own man now and can decide where my heart is.


Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. THIS IS KAF COMMUNITY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...