Wednesday 20 November 2013

Joselyn Dumas Talks about Her Role in Reality Series 'Lekki Wives'

Joselyn Dumas Talks about Her Role in Reality Series 'Lekki Wives'

Ghanaian TV host/actress, Joselyn Dumas is the latest addition to reality series, 'Lekki Wives' – she talks about her role in a recent interview with Ovation.
Here is excerpt;

How was filming on the set of the successful "Lekki Wives". Is working on TV in Nigeria dramatically different from Ghana?
No, we are so alike; we are cousins; Nigerians and Ghanaians are so alike, the only difference is our names.  I played a lead character role and I’m a new wife that has been introduced in this season.  It was very different, I wouldn’t say it was challenging as I’ve just come off and have learnt so much on the  ‘Adams Apples’ set.  I thank GOD for Shirley Frimpong-Manso as if she hadn’t given me that chance I would have sacked on "Lekki Wives’.  It was good, a great experience and I think that the only challenge that I have is I was trying to get some Nigerian words to roll off my tongue and it just wouldn’t roll (laughs heartily). That was the only challenge.
Are you meant to be a Nigerian?
Well I am supposed to be a Nigerian wife or I guess they have not actually established where I am from but I am a Lekki wife and my husband is Nigerian so you would assume that there are certain words that I would have probably picked up from him already, like waka etc. It was so hilarious but Blessing Effiong-Egbe the Director/Producer is an amazing talent, she’s young and she reminds me of Leila Djansi and Shirley Frimpong-Manso of Ghana, truly amazing teacher.  I feel that every set I go on, I learn something new and I tend to learn so much on set.  I was working with them in Nigeria and they were so nice.

Is your screen husband nice?
He is gorgeous, he is good looking but very sleazy, oh GOD.

Do you think the Nigerian audience likes you?
I think that Nigerians recognise talent.

Spill the beans Joselyn

We were a family on the cast, we are six wives; three of us are quiet and the other three, well whatever but the three of us that were close were close.  I think that Africa is the new entertainment destination of the world  because we are taking this whole entertainment thing to a whole different dimension in a very positive way and I like what I am seeing because there is a new breed of Producers, Actors, Directors, Cameramen etc.  That’s exactly what I saw in Nigeria. There is so much unity regardless that I was from Ghana. There was no hassle.  I didn’t feel like I was from another Country, at a point I forgot that I was Ghanaian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. THIS IS KAF COMMUNITY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...