Monday 24 June 2013

I did not slap my deputy, says Aregbesola

I did not slap my deputy, says Aregbesola

Governor Rauf Aregbesola has debunked rumour that he slapped his deputy, Mrs. Grace Tomori, and said it was aimed at causing disaffection capable of destabilising Osun State.
Aregbesola, who noted that cordial relationship exists between him and Tomori, said: “I have never beaten anybody in my life. In fact, I don’t beat my children, let alone beating any other person. More so, the deputy governor is older than me, so how do I beat an elderly person.”
The governor, who spoke during a seven-hour live television programme tagged “Ogbeni till day break” maintained that “I don’t have any quarrel with my deputy, and I can’t have any with her because I intentionally chose her and no one choose her for me. I think I can work with her and that is why I chose her. So, no differences exist between us.”

The deputy governor who was also present at the programme confirmed the claims of the governor when she was asked to respond to the allegation that Aregbesola once slapped her.
Tomori stressed that cordial relationship exists between her and the governor, adding that she would remain loyal to Aregbesola.

On the crisis rocking the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF), Aregbesola said: “Let the NGF take care of itself. The forum is a voluntary one and it is not compulsory that every governor is a member.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. THIS IS KAF COMMUNITY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...