Tuesday 23 April 2013

SAKA Finally ports to MTN, jettison Etisalat




Filo: Afeez Oyetoro fondly called SAKA is a popularly name in the entertainment circles possibly because of his hilarious interpretation of roles.
The lecturer cum actor before now was known as a brand ambassador of EMTS (Etisalat); however in the recent porting advert of MTN, Saka seems to have dumped his first love. The ad started with Saka dressed in green traditional attire only to metamorphose into a yellow costume singing ‘I don port o, I don port go MTN. I don upgrade to MTN‘.
Let’s recall an interview he granted Saturday Tribune last year, SAKA said “As you must have known I had a very poor background and I have said it before that at a point in my life, poverty was too evident with bread and beans as well as guguru and epa being my anointed foods but today it is all history. The Etisalat campaign is blessing my pockets, it has also boosted my profile to the point that I believe that real stardom will soon come. However, I am still my humble self”
Saka, so what happened?

Kiyo: Many questions begging for answers;
1. Was there a contractual agreement between Etisalat and Saka or his rep?
2. If yes, has the contract elapsed?
3. If no, why would a company in the calibre of EMTS have a brand ambassador or propagandist without a contractual document?
4. Is MTN more afraid of Etisalat than other competitors?
5. Would the advertising war obviously started by MTN be healthy for our nascent porting regime?

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. THIS IS KAF COMMUNITY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...