Friday 17 January 2014

Tears of Joy!!! Lupita Nyong'o Beat Julia Roberts, Oprah Winfrey to Win Best Supporting Actress [VIDEO]

Tears of Joy!!! Lupita Nyong'o Beat Julia Roberts, Oprah Winfrey to Win Best Supporting Actress

The past few months has been outstanding for Kenyan born actress Lupita Nyong'o – thanks to her role in the film "12 Years a Slave"
The actress got a standing ovation from Hollywood last night as she took home the trophy for Best Supporting Actress at the 2014 Critics' Choice Awards. Meanwhile, on Thursday (Jan. 16), Lupita had earlier earned herself an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress.
“Thank you. I'm a little terrified,” she says after taking the stage with tears in her eyes. “I'm so honoured to be here and I just want to thank the BFCA for this incredible honour. This has been an incredible year of excellent performances and in my category, I feel so honoured to be with the likes of June Squibb and Jennifer Lawrence and Julia Roberts and Scarlett Johansson.”


“I'd like to dedicate this to my uncle ... who always came to watch every single play I was in ... and on one of the last performances he saw me in, he said 'You're good, but let's see what Hollywood thinks of you,” she says to close her speech. “He didn't live to see this day, but I'm sure he's proud of me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. THIS IS KAF COMMUNITY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...