Saturday 11 January 2014

I Had Only One Failed Marriage –– Nollywood Actor Yemi Solade


In a recent interview, veteran actor, Yemi Solade talks about his career and his family – the actor also refuted rumours that he has had three failed marriages.

See Excerpts;

You are married...
Very married.

So, why are you not wearing your wedding ring?
It’s bondage. I am a free person. When I want to sleep, I sleep like Adam. I like my skin to be free all the time.

Can you tell me something that nobody knows about you?
Some people don’t know that I am married. A lot of people don’t know how close I am to my wife and children. I am very friendly. I am also a very deep person. People also don’t know that I am a high chief, Agba Akin Igbimi of Abeokuta. It (the chieftaincy title) is hereditary. People don’t know that I am a Master of Ceremonies (MC); I anchor events. I am a motivational speaker; I talk to youths at tertiary institutions who are losing it because of their delusion and excess love for material things.

Can you tell me some of the negative things you have read about yourself in the media?
There was one that they listed celebrities whose marriages had crashed and my own caption was ‘Yemi Solade opens up on his three failed marriages’.

Are you saying there were no failed marriages?

Only one. I was married to my first wife and she said she wasn’t ready to live in Nigeria anymore, and she left. We could not cope with distance and then broke it up. I have been married to my present wife for over a decade, so what are we talking about? I never granted an interview to the journalist that wrote that about me. I had all it took to make him pay for what he did, but because it wasn’t a story about me doing drugs or rituals, I allowed the sleeping dog to lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT. THIS IS KAF COMMUNITY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...